As you get older, you will realize that there is one thing that becomes glaringly obvious.
Life is filled with change, chance, and uncertainty. But throughout my 14 years, I have garnered 10 things that I know and believe to always be true.
Here are mine. What are yours?
1. Nothing lasts forever. Whether it’s relationships, emotions, or good/hard patches in life: nothing is permanent.
2. One of the worst things in the world is losing someone you love.
3. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. It’s inevitable.
4. What goes around comes around.
5. It’s a horrible feeling when you miss someone desperately but there’s nothing you can do to fix it.
6. People tend to base their actions and how they present themselves on how people will perceive them.
7. Sometimes the hardest thing to do is let go- whether it be the past, a person, or a thing.
8. If you know you hurt someone and they continue to speak to you with the same excitement and respect, then they really do love you.
9. It’s painful when you feel yourself slowly drifting away from someone you once used to be very close to.
10. You must love yourself. You must be confident. You must accept the good and bad things about yourself, your strengths, and your weaknesses to be able to move forward in life.